oday Kerkstoel 2000+ is one of the European market leaders in precast concrete. This is thanks to our many years of experience, know-how, continual innovation and investment. Let’s take a trip down memory lane…
- 1902: Leonard Kerkstoel starts his own business near the station in Heist-op-den-Berg. He distributes construction materials and performs building contracts under the Kerkstoel name.
- 1930: His son Florent takes over the business from his father and concentrates more on the distribution of construction materials from that time. In the meanwhile the industry grows and evolves at lightning speed.
- 1965: Kerkstoel moves to a bigger place. Partly at the instigation of his son Michel, Florent Kerkstoel builds one of the first concrete works in Belgium along the Albert Canal in Grobbendonk, which produces ready-mix concrete and concrete blocks.
- Late 1960s: Kerkstoel starts to make floor panels and invests heavily in quality assurance. Kerkstoel was already a pioneer, even in those days. Kerkstoel obtains an exclusive right to distribute Omnia floor panels in the Province of Antwerp.
- Kerkstoel continues to work on developing quality products in the coming years, which led to the company being awarded BENOR, KOMO and ISO certification in the 1980s and 1990s.
- Since the start of the 1990s, Kerkstoel Group’s activities have been housed in two companies:
- 2011: Kerkstoel develops the ACTIV floor
- N.V. Kerkstoel 2000+ specialises in precast floor panels and cavity walls.
- N.V. Kerkstoel Beton specialises in ready-mix concrete, screeds, stabilised sand and masonry mortar.
- 2018: Kerkstoel builds a brand new and ultramodern production hall for concrete wall elements. This should allow for further specialisation.
- 2019: Kerkstoel produces the first solid concrete walls.